MEDICAL 1, JINNAH HOSPITAL, LAHORE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Retinal Venous Pulsation

4 posters

Go down

Retinal Venous Pulsation Empty Retinal Venous Pulsation

Post  Abbas Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:14 pm

I have been always been marveled by the so called "venous pulsations" at the optic disc. Their loss is said to be the earliest sign of raised intracranial pressure. It may be my in-expertise but it appears that these pulsations are more of our imagination when we say that we have seen them with common opthalmoscope. They are better seen with pan-optic opthalmoscope or a special 90 diaptor opthalmoscope. Here is, however, a video which shows these pulsation. Although the pulsations seen here are of an exaggerated nature, it would give you the feel of how they look like.

Abbas

Back to top Go down

Retinal Venous Pulsation Empty Re: Retinal Venous Pulsation

Post  Dr Hira Tariq Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:50 pm

simply awesome sir! Smile
we ll miss u in ward. need more of ur knowledge and guidance.
God bless u!

Dr Hira Tariq

Back to top Go down

Retinal Venous Pulsation Empty Kindly see Case Discussion section of this forum for Hb Sickle-D Disease

Post  Abbas Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:50 pm

Dr. Hira, Kindly see case discussion section for the interesting case of Sickle-D disease you mentioned.

Well I don't much agree with you regarding knowledge. I don't believe in divisions into wards. For me its medical floor as is generally the case almost all around world, with all the conultants and other staff serving the floor/department, than respective castles called wards. We are afraid of competition as we are exposed in this way by opening ourselves to the whole of department. I firmly believe that residents should be exposed to as many seniors as possible (as an extension to that, later in life, as many institutions as possible and as many cities and countries as possible). Many of us Demigods of little towns and castles would then have to redefine our true place. Very Happy (It all simply means you all haven't been much exposed to any truely knowledgeable person, of which there are hardly any, however). May God provide you with such a chance.

Abbas

Back to top Go down

Retinal Venous Pulsation Empty gOOD VIDEO

Post  Asif ahmad Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:02 pm

I always searched for these pulsation every time I did fundoscopy in last 4 year, once I had impresion of pulsation, but wasnt sure of these. surely This video shows definit pulsation. nice to see it,

Asif ahmad

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr.Hunain(admin) Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:48 pm

Sir you are so very right in the regard that we are exposed to our seniors in such a petite way that their 'knowledge' remains a pandora's box for us. Interactions should be more frequent so that skills and knowledge are propagated. And us residents and house doctors then would stop fearing consultants in rounds on being humiliated on lack of knowledge.I guess sharing what one has learnt in life is what being a teacher is all about and i feel honored to say that ive worked under some who does just that. I really thank you for being in touch with us and helping us out sir. cheers

Dr.Hunain(admin)
Admin

http://medical1jhl.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Retinal Venous Pulsation Empty Welcome Asif

Post  Abbas Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:51 pm

Dear Asif, Welcome to the forum. Feel free to post a question, quiz or something informative and of course answer posts by others.

Abbas

Back to top Go down

Retinal Venous Pulsation Empty Thanks sir

Post  Asif ahmad Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:34 pm

Thank u sir! I will be definitely doing this from now onwards.

Asif ahmad

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum